Petula Applique Pillow Kit
PETULA APPLIQUÉ PILLOW KIT by textile artist LORNA MOFFAT for beginners to experienced sewers.
Lorna has created a diy appliqué kit to fuel your creative groove and keep you busy and happy behind your sewing machine. PETULA features a print on cream velvet of a linear stitched drawing of Lorna’s which is ready to be adorned with a splash, nae, explosion of floral loveliness around her head.
Lorna’s step by step instruction sheet will help you trace, cut out and bond fabric shapes around Petula’s head and then free motion stitch the layers together to create the finished piece.
If you’re a beginner, Lorna has made a wee video of the stitch technique accompanies the kit to help you along. ( sent by email).
It’s a super fun, happy design that will look fab on your sofa or make a lovely gift for someone spesh.
Included in the kit is:
- A 20”sq velvet panel with a print of petula, (Lorna’s drawing in stitch)
- A 20”sq of charcoal grey denim backing fabric
- 18” zipper
- 3/4 yard heat n bond ( paper backed adhesive for bonding)
- 8-10 pieces of bright patterned fabric (approx 1/2 yard in total, colours will vary per kit)
- Stencil sheets to trace from
- Instruction sheet
- Wee video ( by email)
- Sewing machine
- Free motion/darning foot for free embroidery (order from your local sewing shop if you don’t have one )
- Black or coloured poly cotton threads, needles
- Paper scissors
- A selection of your own fabrics to add to Lorna’s selection included in the kit
This kit and the design should be used for personal use only and under no circumstances be used for business or resale purposes